What is Sun-Dried?
- It differs from ordinary apricot with its sun-dried color.
- Unlike yellow apricots, organic dried fruit is dried in the sun without sulfur.
- Originating from Asia, the fruit grows in warm climates. Sunflower seeds, which were brought to the borders of Europe by the Greeks, are also frequently planted in Anatolia.
- Turkey is in the first place in the production of fresh apricots in the world, apricot varieties are also abundant in our country due to abundant production, dried apricot prices are reasonable and all varieties are consumed frequently.
- Described as the golden egg of the sun, apricot belongs to the same family of peaches and nectarines.
What Are the Benefits of Dried Sunflower?
- Among the benefits of dried apricots, the effect on the heart can be counted in the first place. Sunflower, which provides a protective effect against heart diseases, strengthens the heart.
- It strengthens bones and teeth.
- It increases concentration and reduces the effect of stress.
- It helps to repair the liver.
- Sunflower protects the intestines and stomach and is effective in indigestion and digestive problems.
- It is recommended for those with anemia problems due to its blood-forming effect.
- Sunflower benefits during pregnancy are quite numerous.
- It especially helps the baby’s bone development, but it is recommended for pregnant women to consume it in consultation with their doctor.
- In excess consumption, blood sugar rises rapidly and the benefits of sun-dried apricots may appear as harmful.
- It is rich in potassium, it is used in potassium deficiency.
- Thanks to its vitamin A content, it beautifies the skin.
- It strengthens immunity.
- Due to its fiber content and low calorie, it is possible to lose weight with sun-dried.
- The answer to the question of whether dried apricots increase sugar is positive. It is recommended for diabetics to consume in consultation with their doctor.
How to Make Sun-Dried Apricots?
- No chemicals are used while making organic sun-dried apricots.
- Fresh apricots, which are naturally collected from the branch, are washed and dried well.
- Then, the fruits placed side by side on a flat surface, on a sheet or cloth, are left to dry by themselves.
- It is recommended to arrange the apricots that can be dried in the garden, on the roof, or on the balcony.
- If you don’t have a large area, you can also dry on a sunny table.
- The difference between sun-dried and apricot occurs in the process during drying.
- Normal apricots are dried with sulfur in order to dry quickly and retain their light yellow color.
- Sulfur also prolongs the shelf life of the apricot by preventing infestation.
- Unsulphured organic apricots are left under the sun for 2-3 days and their seeds are removed.
- Then the apricots are left to dry again. In the case of flies, apricots can be covered with a thin cheesecloth.
- You can turn the apricots inside out from time to time so that all parts are dried equally.
- At the end of an average of 1 week, dark yellow, brown, hard dried apricots are obtained.
- In domestic drying processes, fresh fruits can be baked for 10 to 12 hours instead of laying and drying in daylight.
How to Store Dried Sunflowers?
- The benefit of sun-dried apricots is valid with the right storage, spoiled apricots may cause further deterioration instead of regulating digestion.
- It is necessary to provide the right storage conditions and keep the fruits away from moisture. Wrapping it in a paper towel is the best way to store it.
- Some consumers can also store apricots by wrapping them in the newspaper, but this storage method is not recommended due to the lead and other chemicals in the newspaper.
- You can store the dried sun-dried in unpainted paper towels in a glass jar or bag in the refrigerator.
- If you are going to store dried fruits in the freezer, you need to make sure that the fruits are completely dry.
- Then the apricots are frozen by arranging them side by side, and after freezing, they are put in a bag and stored in the freezer again.
- Sun-dried fruits can be safely stored in the freezer for up to 1 year.
What are the calorie and nutritional values of dried sun-dried?
- How many calories are in the dried sun is among the most curious questions?
- The fruit, which plays the leading role in diet lists, contains an average of 25 kcal energy.
- Does the dried sun make you gain weight? Of course, if it is consumed a lot, the dried sun will make you gain weight like any other food.
- However, eating 3 dried sun meals as a snack will both keep you full and help you suppress hunger with fewer calories.
- In 1 day dried;
- 5.05 grams of carbohydrates,
- 0.06 grams of fat,
- 1.12 grams of fiber,
- 1.2 mg sodium,
- 165.4 mg of potassium,
- 10 mg of calcium,
- 158.9 mg of vitamin A,
- 4.25 mg of vitamin C,
- It contains 0.38 mg of iron.
- Dried apricots do not contain cholesterol and increase body resistance with their rich nutritional value.
Does Sun Dry Make You Weak? Sun-Dried Diet
- The dried sun can be integrated into diets made as a snack.
- It can be said that apricot weakens when consumed 2-3 times a day.
- In diets where the fruit is consumed, it is recommended to drink at least 2 liters of water per day.
- In the diet known as the sun-dried raw almond diet, daily carbohydrate-based food consumption is reduced, movement is increased, and almonds and apricots are eaten between meals when hunger is felt.
- The amount of almonds eaten per day does not exceed 1 handful, and the number of apricots does not exceed 3.
- By skipping snacks with low calories, hunger crises at meals are prevented.
- Weight loss can be achieved through regular nutrition.
- It is vital for consumers who want to lose weight to consult specialist doctors for the determination and control of their blood values.
Can Pregnant Women Consume Dried Apricots?
- It will be better for your baby’s health and for you if you spend your sweet and snack needs with nuts during pregnancy.
- Therefore, it is recommended to consume dried apricots.
- However, you should avoid consuming a large plate throughout the day.
- Consuming too much-dried sun can cause diarrhea.
- Consuming in moderation or even consuming 3-4 pieces a day will be the right choice.
- Nutritionists will have the following advice for those who are pregnant:
- In order for the breakfast plate to be nutritious and satisfying, dried apricots should be added. 2 pieces of sun-dried are enough for a balanced plate.
- When you want to drink tea and coffee, you can consume up to 2 dried apricots.
- In the evening or at night, the dried sun can be consumed in between meals in order not to leave your stomach empty.
- It is recommended to be consumed with milk to have more satisfying and healthy meals.
- In order to support the development of the baby in every aspect, you should find and consume organic and clean dried sun-dried leaves.
- In addition, the consumption of dried apricots plays an important role in a healthy pregnancy process.
How Should Sun-Dried Apricots Be Consumed?
- Sun-dried grains, which are already dry and solid, are softened by keeping them in warm water for five minutes before being eaten.
- After the frozen sun-dried fruits are thawed at room temperature, they are dried and turned into ordinary dried apricots.
- When fruit is desired to be used in cakes or pastries, the fruits are softened in warm water and made edible. Sun-dried can be consumed fresh, cooked in pastries, or made into jam.
- Sun-dried apricot is an easily accessible fruit as it is affordable in terms of price.
- The price of dried apricot kernels is around 30-40 lira per kilo, and the price of dried apricot kernels is 30 lira per kilogram.
- However, it is recommended not to eat more than 2-3 pieces of dried fruit per day.